05 August 2023

Interviewing more new colleagues

I recently posted about hiring a fixed term new colleague. And I also mentioned that I was hoping we could soon also hire some permanent new members of staff. The school had got permission to hire yonks ago, but very little seemed to be happening. And then, in the week that we had interviewed my new colleague Charlotte, suddenly it rained invitations to taster lectures given by the candidates for the other jobs. And I thought it would only be two positions, but it turned out to be three. The more the merrier!

When we were hiring Charlotte, we went from interview to the paperwork being sorted in a matter of days. I really hoped that would be the case here too! But the interviews are spread out over two weeks; when I publish this, the process has not been finalised.

The positions advertised are for lecturers in Marine Population Ecology, Marine Ecosystem Services, and Global Marine Fisheries. I saw all the presentations for the first position, only one for the second position, and those for the third position have not been yet. So it is way too early to call any of this. But I really hope that by next week or the week after, I will have an email in my inbox telling me I will soon have three new colleagues, and who they will be!


Fisheries picture from Wikipedia; image by RĂ©gis Lachaume

No comments: