16 December 2023

Tim’s second stay

If you catastrophically break your ankle, you’re not walking anytime soon after that. So I had been Tim’s host for the first period after the incident, and then I had  brought him back home for his surgery. But his recovery period would be really long, so after a spell at home I came to collect him again. He was in much better shape! He had one of those big plastic boots, and he could put his foot on the ground. But he was still not supposed to put weight on his injured leg. And that hinders you in most things you do.

Mostly, the routine was the same; I would bring breakfast up, which we would have together, and which featured the cat being very chuffed she could lick out two bowls. And then I would go to work. But this time, he would ask me if there was anything I wanted him to do before I got home. He was a lot more capable! He went to the shops, did dinner preparations, and whatnot. And during the week I was, obviously, at work, but in the weekend we could go and explore his newfound mobility together. Stay tuned for more on that! 

No comments: