16 March 2023

Snow!

I had seen the weather warning of snow that was in force, but I figured that would probably mainly hold on higher ground. I live really low down in the valley! But when on a Friday I opened my curtains, I saw a white world. Really really white. That surprised me! 

I decided to go into the garden and take a few pictures. How often will I see it like this? And then I went to have breakfast.

That day I was expected on the main campus. I grabbed the bike with the winter tires again! And I'd made sure I would leave on time. These conditions are not good. 

I pushed my bike to the road. There I got on. It was actually quite warm, so the traffic had turned the snow on the road to slush and water. That was far from ideal! I didn't need the spikes, but I was getting soaking wet. When I could turn onto the bicycle path I did, but there I felt that the snow was quite deep and slushy, so very slippery. Spikes don't work on slush! 

I turned back and just drove. That worked fine! My car didn't like getting off the very snowy parking lot very much, but did it; once I was on the road everything was fine. I don't really like being chased off my bike, but I think I made the correct call. 

When I got back the mountains looked absolutely glorious. The day after, it was rainy and snowy. And the day after that, all snow had vanished from the view from my house, and in the morning it seemed to be proper spring, while in the evening it turned into thorough autumn. Never a dull moment here in North Wales! But I do have some nice pictures of what my garden can look like at its most wintry…


What I saw first thing in the morning


Deep snow! By Bethesda standards.







No comments: