18 January 2015

Back to iGlass

Of course I would manage to count a few samples before Christmas, I said. One can always squeeze in a few of these! Can't one? Well, eh, no, not quite. Teaching ate up my time. And I could have sacrificed some time between Xmas and Edinburgh, but the university was closed, and the heating off. A bad time to sit still behind a microscope! So I waited until the new year. And then processed the ten samples Tasha had sent me, which would help her pull the whole project together.


It was a bit of a faff; I was a bit out of practice and the lab isn't as equipped to such things as the Plymouth and York ones. We don't have spiral sample trays (I forgot their proper name) and we only have a splitter that splits in two (rather than 4). I haven't found a seeker yet (and haven't bothered to improvise one). And the samples weren't helping; most were barren, which is boring. And which is not helping Tasha. But that's the way it is. I'm glad I got it out of the way. And we'll see what the final conclusions of the project will be!

PS I remembered: they're Bogorov slides!

No comments: