06 May 2014

Vienna Natural History Museum

It would be a waste to be an entire week in Vienna without enjoying at least a little bit of the culture it has to offer. So late one morning, between two interesting talks, I ran off to the Museum Quarter. I wanted to have a scamper through the Natural History Museum! It was standing there looking glorious, albeit rather scaffolded. I had only slightly more than an hour, and it deserves a whole lot more, but I'm glad I went! The building alone is worth it. And then they have amazing mineral collections, fossil collections, a zoological collection, and whatnot. If you ever visit Vienna; go there!

The facade, basking in the sunlight

 Someone had made enormous models of plankton!

Mineral collection

The grand interior

A fish you wouldn't like to have an encounter with

No comments: