30 August 2013

Scottish flora and fauna

With only photographs to illustrate the itinerary and the company the previous blog post was quite full already. But I took all kinds of pictures of the resident organisms too! Pretty lichen, caterpillars, nice flowers... and a grisly scene of a clump of beetles eating a dead mouse. And a nasty stowaway; in one of the bothies I found a very big slug in my backpack. And it had clearly goen in with a full stomach! The thing had been shitting green gunk all over the place. It was evicted.
I also saw a herd of deer in the distance, and closer by a young tree that was only as tall as the small adjacent yellow flower. And bog cotton blowing in the wind! And I thought I'd make a compilation... I recommend clicking on it to see it at proper size! Enjoy!



No comments: