28 March 2010

Responsible weekends

It's one of these times! It's a matter of running or standing still. I'm away a lot lately, and after having been away I have a lot to blog about. But when I am in Plymouth all is much quieter. I have to get my job done too! So I tend to work hard, and then the weekends have to be used for resting, dealing with the last trip, preparing for the next trip, and simply managing my existence. So since the IoW fieldwork not much spectacular has happened. I've registered for the elections in June, I paid my bills, subscribed to a course, tidied the house, saw "a single man", had a few beers with colleagues, read some books, that sort of things.

And mounted my new mining lamp onto my helmet! Dave had some extra club lamps, and Mike, who by complete coincidence is a light technician, was willing to improve these. Doing it myself would have been an interesting challenge, but my life is busy enough as it is, so when Mike volunteered assembling the whole thing and Dave for delivering it to my door I would have been silly to refuse. So at least I have a pic to show here. And my future mining pics will be better. I also got me a waterproof bag for my slave flash, so I'm getting more and more professional. But for now all I have to offer is a picture of a girl in civilian clothes wearing a cool helmet. It will get better!

2 comments:

Roelof said...

Your picture re-defines 'cool', even for me...

Margot said...

Is that a compliment? :)