01 August 2026

Something happening with the collapsed wall

Readers with a good memory might remember that in February 2022, my neighbours’ wall collapsed. That was a pity! I suppose the big draw of that house was that it had generous decking right above the river. In summer, you can sit there and have a drink while taking in the amazing view. However; without a wall to hold up the decking, that is not a good idea. The decking was cut back to minimalist proportions. 

The neighbours had to have a wrangle with the insurance about who would pay for this. And then they needed to find someone who would actually do something about it. If you do that work, you have to do it right on the riverbank. There is no path going there. 

One day I noticed a cement mixer and some tonne bags by Alan’s (the neighbour) house. I was a bit surprised; would he really have such a big project on? But the day after I saw Gwawr, the other neighbour. She said she finally had found someone to do the work. It had started! That explained the equipment. She hoped the work wouldn’t cause disturbance for me. I had faith it wouldn’t. 

I later had a look and the work is showing progress! I’m glad something is finally being done. I have faith it will soon be as good as it was, or better. It’s not actually anything to do with me but I am clearly emotionally involved! 

Progress! 


No comments:

Post a Comment